Launch Date:November 2011
- Google Web Toolkit
- Drupal CMS
My Roles on the Project:
- HTML/CSS Developer
- Server-side Developer
- Interactive Developer
- Database Developer
My Contributions to the Project
- Planned and implemented the software architecture of the site and CMS in Drupal 6
- Implemented HTML/CSS designs in a Drupal theme
- Integrated SlideShowPro Director to provide enhanced image-handling capabilities in Drupal
- Integrated the artifact gallery interactive originally developed for The Civil War in Missouri Preview Website
- Developed the “My Collection” system for registered users to bookmark content items throughout the site
- Implemented CSS3 transitions and animations in several interactives
- Implemented a database and JSON API to support state-saving in a Flash game
- Implemented non-system fonts using Cufón
Timeline Interactive: The timeline interactive marks events for each time period as points on the map of Missouri. Most points can be clicked to reveal a description of the event and a related photo. Some also include a link to a related section of the website.
Interactive Quiz: Each online exhibit section has an interactive quiz. For example, see the “Test Your Knowledge: A State Divided” quiz in the A State Divided exhibit page.
Loyalty Interactive: The “Who is Loyal?” interactive allows users to explore the ambiguity of loyalty during the time period. The user is presented with six real cases. The user is asked to determine if each person was loyal or disloyal. After comparing their guess with other site visitors, the interactive reveals the actual judgement rendered.
Active Illustration: Several online exhibits contain an “active illustration” interactive. These interactives consist of points of interest overlayed on an illustration or image. Each of these points can be clicked to reveal a description and a photo.
Faces of Soldiers Interactive Image Gallery: Faces of Soldiers is an interactive image gallery. Each person is a Missourian who fought in the Civil War. The interactive includes an image and description of each soldier.
1860 Election Interactive: The 1860 Election Activity allows site visitors to participate in the presidential election of 1860. The user is presented with a quote or description of each candidate’s position on a particular topic. The user makes a selection, and then the interactive reveals the candidate associated with each quote or description. Finally, the interactive shows the actual results of the 1860 election, both at the national level and within Missouri.
- Intranet Web Application
- Mobile App